Scroll down for the finer details including program and site maps.
Save the Dates and Program Details
Oct 12th, 2022 SADGA/MFMG South East & Victorian West Wimmera Cropwalks starting from 9:30 am SE & West Wimmera Program and maps
Registration is essential for catering CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Mid North Cropwalk
The full program commenced on Gomersal Road, Shea-Oak Log at 9 am, see map for locations and program for directions.
The weather was inclement at times but we were able to complete the program as arranged.
- Nufarm Dropzone and Mini Spray Application Workshop
- then onto Emmett’s for a complimentary Coffee and cake and a workshop visit to view the New X9 and Flex Drapers
- Cropwalk at the GRDC NVT off Stone Road
- While on Stone Road we drop into Josh Krieg’s to see his Seed Terminator
- Then onto AGT Breeding Centre to see the irrigated varieties
Lunch is generously supplied by AGT at 12:30 pm
- A word from Sponsors
- SADGA AGM from 1:30 pm
We welcome your input or suggestions, if you have a particular interest contact Deb or John Green.
The SADGA Team together with Viterra have re-set the date for the SADGA Forum & Facilities Tour as July 6th, 2022. All previous arrangements remain the same we hope that this date suits you too.
Ticketing has reopened – if you had already booked your ticket first time around, you do not need to re-book otherwise let me know if you need to cancel your ticket. https://www.trybooking.com/BUHBC This exciting news will hit the networks today, we apologies for clogging up your feed, but we are super happy we get to have another crack at this event. Feel free to pass this information onto your networks aswell.
We look forward to seeing in July.
Cheers Deb & the SADGA Team
Mark your calendars for the 2022 SADGA Forum and Viterra Tours set for Wednesday 6th July!!
SADGA in partnership with Viterra, Grain Growers and Entegra Sheds will be offering members an opportunity to tour Viterra Facilities, attend the all important Durum Forum at the Royal South Australian Yacht Squadron and stay on for a complimentary dinner proudly supported by Grain Growers and Entegra Sheds.
- A bus will leave Clare Gleeson St Car Park at 8:15 am pick ups Auburn CWA 8:45, Tarlee Town Hall 9:10, Roseworthy Hotel 9:40 am arrive at The Entertainment Centre approx 10:20 am with a walk to the Grain Lab to arrive 10:30 am.
- For those not on the bus, cars can park all day at Entertainment Centre and meet us via a short walk at The Grain Lab to commence tour at 11 am and hop on the bus to Outer Harbour after the laboratory tour
- If you do not wish to stay for the Forum and/or Dinner) best to drive your car to Outer Harbour and park in the Royal SA Yacht Squadron car park where they will be picked up by the bus before the Outer Harbour tour.
- If you cant make the Lab tour meet us at 12 noon at the Yacht Squadron car park and hop of the bus for the Outer Harbour tours.
- Bus/s will depart following the dinner at 8pm and return to Clare via the Entertainment Centre.
- 11:00 am Viterra Grain Analysis Lab 30-32 Stirling St Thebarton
- 12:20 pm Outer Harbour bus only tour of ship loading facilities
- 1:20 pm Bus only Tour of Viterra container loading facility
The Forum: will commence at 3 pm at the Royal South Australian Yacht Squadron and will be followed by the Grain Grower & Entegra Sheds Durum Dinner at 6 pm. We are excited to announce that our dinner speaker will be Steve Whillas ‘Maintain your Mental Health’.
- Complimentary packaged lunch provided by Viterra
- Complimentary dinner sponsored by Grain Growers and Entegra Sheds
Dinner Menu – please register your dietary requirements
Alternate drop main: Chicken cacciatore with crispy herbed polenta & micro herbed salad (GF) and Chargrilled porterhouse with horseradish and rocket sauce, homemade chunky potato wedges and roasted baby carrots (GF) with Crusty bread, olive and dukkah and mixed dressed green leaves to share.
Alternate drop dessert: Coconut Panna Cotta with pineapple wafer, melon balls in lime leaf syrup (GF) and Bittersweet chocolate mousse with strawberries in limoncello (GF)
The Tickets: Registration is essential for bus seating and catering, get your tickets on this link ==> https://www.trybooking.com/BUHBC make sure you nominate your bus pick up and dietary requirements. RSVP COB June 29 For the finer details of the event CLICK HERE
The Rules: This event will be subject to COVID SA Govt and Venue regulations. Masks are MANDATORY. Vaccinate for your protection. Do not attend if you are a close contact or suffer symptoms.
The SADGA 2022 Forum and Viterra Facilities Tour is a complimentary event for SADGA members and SADGA is extremely grateful for the support of our sponsors for this opportunity.
SADGA & MFMG COMBINED CROPWALK – OCTOBER 13TH 12 NOON
SADGA and MFMG come together again to provide growers with another huge program. There is lots to see with sites spanning across SA’s South East and Victoria’s West Wimmera (covid restrictions not withstanding!!)
Starting with the Entegra Sheds BBQ lunch at Wolseley and a chat with Dr Hugh Wallwork and Prof Jason Able, we head out (weather permitting) to see the wheat variety trails NE of Wolseley, then over to the SADGA/FMC durum-Overwatch trial. All being well we cross the border to the Edenhope-Kaniva Rd for the NVT Durum, Wheat and Barley Trials and the NVT Pulse Site. Head back to Alwyn Dyer’s shed for an update of the progress of the Seed Terminator, unfortunately the BBQ is a victim of the covid restrictions and will not occur so the day will round out at 5pm.
[Image below: Keen interest for the 2020 MFMG Bean Trial from growers who were finding out how we can improve the nodulation for PBA Samira Beans.]
SADGA MID NORTH CROPWALK – SEPT 1ST FROM 8:45 AM
This year’s Mid North Cropwalk takes you across 4 sites and starts at Molineux Rd, Tarlee with Nufarm Canola Demo Site to visualise time of sowing, tank mixes, knockdown and volunteer control options. From Tarlee we head to Roseworthy College for the FMC Overwatch Trial and NVTs showing AGT’s new durum and barleys and InterGrain’s new bread wheat and barleys. The program finishes at AGT HQ for project updates and lunch generously supplied by AGT.